If your garage door opener isn’t opening or closing the garage door, then it means that its battery is dead. So, how to replace the battery in the overhead garage door opener?
Don’t worry, You can do it easily. This article will show you how.
Make sure you Stay around!
Replacing the Battery in the Overhead Garage Door Opener
Take the steps below to get started!
Here’s what you’ll need!
The only tools you’ll need are a screwdriver, safety glasses, and gloves. Never forget to wear safety gloves and goggles when servicing your garage door opener.
- The garage door opener should be turned off.
- Light has an open lens. There is a battery underneath.
- To remove the lid of the battery compartment, use a screwdriver.
- The red and black wires must be disconnected after the battery is removed.
- When connecting the red and black wires to a new battery, make sure the black wire is connected to the black terminal and the red wire is connected to the red terminal.
- After placing the battery inside, secure the battery compartment cover with a screwdriver. Check the container for protruding battery wires.
- Plug in the garage door opener.
That’s it. Your garage door opener’s battery has been successfully replaced. Congratulations! All the steps mentioned above should have been easy for you to follow. You can always count on us if you need help. Feel free to leave a comment below.
You can contact garage door opener repair Carrollton for any garage door opener repair services, and they will provide you with a professional service.